United by a love of fashion and a vengeance for social injustice, Elizabeth Hoye and Kat Swick teamed up to create William + Leora, a fashion forward, yet modest approach to tween clothing.
Each garment is thoughtfully designed to inspire a childlike wonder while portraying a grownup sophistication.Carefully designed and constructed in Washington State William + Leora work closely with production, seeking to infuse unfading hope through every hand their garments hold.
After learning of the prevalence of child trafficking Elizabeth and Kat found their call to action. William + Leora was designed to make a difference, 25% of profits support the fight against trafficking – one fourth for freedom!
We caught up with the ladies and they answered all our questions about their playful, yet powerful brand!
1. What is your brand’s mission statement or purpose? Protect Innocence. Inspire Greatness. Our desire is to create awareness about the horrific prevalence of child prostitution and slavery and give one fourth of our profits to support the fight for freedom. Our aim is to portray children through Love’s pure light, inspiring a childlike wonder and grownup sophistication. We desire to instill Kingdom principles of integrity, humility, and generosity in every aspect of our company. We seek to infuse an unfading hope through every hand our garments hold. Fuelled by one purpose, to glorify God.
2. Where did the name William and Leora originate? Our name reflects our mission of protecting innocence and inspiring greatness– William meaning “protection” and Leora meaning “my light.”
3. Why did you choose to design for children? Originally we saw a need in the market for tastefully designed and innovative children’s clothing. The deeper we researched the children’s market, we discovered and defined our true niche was designing tasteful, innovative, yet modest tween clothing. This direction was solidified when we discovered that the average age of a victim of child trafficking was the same age as our tween fit model.
4. What are the inspirations or motivations behind your design? The motivation behind our designs is to inspire and encourage each young woman to express themselves with confidence in a positive light. Our collections are inspired by an overarching theme of transformational beauty that comes from redeeming love. Each piece is intentionally designed for a purpose, but also designed to share a piece of the story.
5. What do you have coming up in the future involving William and Leora that you are excited about? We are working on bridging partnerships and finding out how William + Leora can come along side the transformational work of Agape International Missions (AIM) in Cambodia. AIM currently works to rescue, restore, and rehabilitate victims of sex trafficking. The Cambodia Collaboration will be a way for William + Leora to more deeply integrate our passion and purpose into the production of our garments. This initiative will support the employment sustainability of the women who are being reintegrated into the community through the process of ethical garment production. We will be revealing more about this special collaborative in the weeks to come and invite you to follow the journey though our social media outlets and website blog.
6. Which is your favourite piece from your collection right now?
Elizabeth’s favourite piece is the Macaroon Maxi for its incredible buttery soft hand, intricate pleated shoulders, and easy elegance, which inspire playful movement and many twirls.
Kat’s favourite piece is the white and grey striped Blooming Hearts Blouse for its timeless elegance and sweet sophistication tied together nicely with a darling bow and a sweet heart.
Inspire greatness in your daughter and support this initiative to end child trafficking! Discover the whole collection by William + Leora and shop the inspiring line at www.williamandleora.com.
Visit us on Facebook for an amazing William +Leora giveaway.